Welcome to anyone that has a passion for homesteading, self-sufficiency, cooking, gardening, livestock and food preservation! I hope my posts will inspire you with new ideas.
This site contains affiliate links.
I appreciate any commissions you help me attain by clicking on my links and ads! Please help me fund our future homesteading endeavors here at Modern Frontierswoman!
Garden Planning and Design Tool
I am so excited to share this amazing product with you! Check out my Garden Planning and Design Tool and get your garden in order this year. Available for instant download, you will receive a beautifully formatted Excel file and PDF with printable worksheets including:
- A vast plant library with plant profiles on each type of crop including: sowing instructions, companion planting, pests and diseases. Reference charts for growing zones, soil acidity, plant families, crop rotation, and more . . .
- Record keeping logs for garden tracking, starting seeds, harvesting, soil amendments, plant research, food preservation, inventory and expenses.
- An interactive tool to map and space plan infinite garden or greenhouse layouts with adjustable plants, garden bed components and labels.
- An easy to use, customizable garden calendar that allows you to schedule dates for sowing, transplanting, succession planting, and harvesting each crop.
- A garden journal, todo lists, chore schedule, and long term project planner.
- A printable PDF version of everything for those who prefer to draw or write by hand.
- No subscriptions or other ongoing fees with the ability to use again year after year!
Winter is the time to start seeds and make that garden plan!
Here are some great ideas to keep you busy this winter while your waiting to get started on your spring gardening!
Most Wished for Gardening Accessories
Looking for an amazing gift for the gardener in your life? Well, look no further. No matter your budget or style, you will find gardening accessories here to fit your needs. Take a look at these innovative and functional accessories every gardenista wishes she could get her hands on. Save these gardening gift ideas for your next Mother’s Day, birthday or special occasion wishlist!
Unlock the Secrets to a Perfect Garden Layout!
Ever wonder how expert gardeners know how to layout their vegetable gardens? Here’s your guide to companion planting, succession planting, taxonomy, and growing requirements for all your crops with quick references and helpful infographics. Get ready for the biggest harvests you’ve ever had!
Raised Bed Vegetable Garden Plan
Learn how to make your own raised bed garden plan. I have included some really helpful diagrams showing space requirements of each plant! I plan my garden out as efficiently as I know how by companion planting and interplanting different types of crops together.
How to grow an herb garden (and never pay for spices again!) – Part 1
The hardest part of growing an herb garden is deciding what to grow. I typically try to grow the spices that I use the most often. I also preserve much of my garden harvest which calls for a lot of dill, mustard seed, celery seed and others that I wouldn’t use much of otherwise. So plan ahead for what those canning recipes call for!
The perpetual veggie garden (never buy another transplant again!)
Most beginner and even experienced gardeners find themselves toiling away every summer to get the garden prepped, planted, maintain weeds, manage pests and finally – harvest. But, what if you could skip all that labor and get right to the harvesting? Sound like a dream? Too good to be true? It’s actually quite easy with proper planning and management. Mother Nature is happy to do most of the work for you as long as you give her a chance.
My Passion for Permaculture (and how to apply it to your homestead)
Permaculture principles can decrease your work load, make your garden more productive, make your animals healthier, and generally improve all the systems on your farm or homestead.
Audrey Schultz | Modern Frontierswoman
I’m Audrey – an avid gardener, home chef, do-it-yourselfer, parent and full-time blogger. My husband, Ben, and I have 3 beautiful children Liam, Colton and Elaina. This is where we share our journey down the road to self-sufficiency and we hope to inspire others to do the same!