I’m finally doing it! The complete guide to raising pigs in your backyard. One of my family’s true passions is livestock (even though I always seem to focus on gardening in the blog)! With several years of experience under my belt, I am hoping to share some wisdom with anyone just getting started with homestead pigs.
This is way too much information to share in a single blog post, so I’m breaking it up into five digestible chunks. I will be covering:
- The Benefits, Myths and Downside of Keeping Pigs
- Choosing the Right Pig Breed for your Homestead
- A Glossary of Pig Farming Terminology
- Raising Pigs: Housing, Fencing and Supplies
- The Process and Timeline of Raising Meat Pigs
Follow my Facebook page or subscribe to the blog to catch the whole series and gain the confidence to raise pigs no matter where you live!
To learn more about how we got started with raising pigs, check out “Our Homesteading Story”.
Are pigs in your future? I definitely hope so. If you love homestead pigs, give a shout out in the comments!